Voices explores the elements and principles that comprise new economies as well as how these economies relate to cities and ideas of real wealth.
This month features:
- Mike Sandmel – “What do we mean by "The New Economy" and what does it have to do with cities?”
- Pallavi Roy – “New Economies and the Energy Sector”
- Alex Wood - The Sustainable Prosperity Framework
- Charles Montgomery – Happy Cities
- Todd Scaletta – “Interdependencies Required for Sustainability”
Voices of New Economies, collectively curated by One Earth and The Canadian CED Network, is a blog reflecting the movement toward urban resilience and livability through connecting innovation networks.
This series is an exploration of what it takes to build the economies we need - ones that work for people, places, and the planet. The project connects key actors, explores patterns, notes differences, and highlights key concepts and initiatives. Together, this series offers insights into the new economies movement as it develops.
Stay tuned for more stories in February and March.