Voices explores the elements and principles that comprise new economies as well as how these economies relate to cities and ideas of real wealth.
This month features:
- Portia Sam – Social Enterprise, Miscellany
- Sean McHugh – “Cities, Fair Trade, and the 21st Century Economy”
- Victoria Wee – “Nature As the Reflection of Our Best Selves”
- Mike McGinn – A Mayoral View on the Important of Health and Friends
- Lis Suarez – Women’s Economic Independence
Voices of New Economies, collectively curated by One Earth and The Canadian CED Network, is a blog reflecting the movement toward urban resilience and livability through connecting innovation networks.
This series is an exploration of what it takes to build the economies we need - ones that work for people, places, and the planet. The project connects key actors, explores patterns, notes differences, and highlights key concepts and initiatives. Together, this series offers insights into the new economies movement as it develops.
Stay tuned for more stories in March.