The Montreal Urban Ecology Center, in partnership with the One Earth and Center for a New American Dream is now accepting applications for the 2014 Get2gether Neighborhood Challenge. The challenge is a great way to get organized and bring your ideas to life. MUEC, in association with ioby, will help your team raise funds for a project to improve your neighborhood and will match the funds raised by each selected team up to $2,000.
All selected winners will begin the project process in August 2014 by attending two custom, ioby-led webinar trainings on crowdfunding. Whatever amount the teams raise through this process will be matched dollar-for-dollar by MUEC up to $2,000. The winners typically reach their goal and more within four weeks! Last year’s winners were able to raise more than $25,000 combined for their work. You can find some project ideas here.
- August 4, 2014: Deadline to submit your application
- August 11, 2014: Announcement of selected projects
- August 2014: Crowdfunding webinars
- September 15, 2014: deadline to raise funds toward the matching grant.
- October 1, 2014: Matching grants awarded
Click here for more information.